Twitter

Follow ondekate on Twitter

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Does this happen to everyone, or is it just me?

I swear, real life is constantly intruding on my virtual life! It gets tiresome. I had to actually walk to the refrigerator to discover we need milk; no app for that. And I will have to go to the store -- physically move to the car and drive there -- to get a fresh gallon -- can't find anyplace where one click will restock us on milk. I imagine that at the supermarket, I'll encounter real groceries, and an assortment of non-virtual people who aren't even FB friends of mine.

By the time I get back home, I will have missed hundreds of tweets.Why don't I just read them on my cell while I'm standing in the physical line at the physical supermarket? Because of another intrusion into my virtual life -- I need to recharge my cell. It doesn't have enough real power left to work, and virtual power won't do -- there's no power surge app that handles cell phones. Sure, I'll still be able to read those hundreds of tweets, but not in real time. Real time? Hey, what's up with that? Wouldn't it be better to read them in virtual time?

No comments:

Post a Comment